CSI for Construction Industry
Construction stormwater permits have a requirement for “qualified personnel.” This course is for Stormwater Construction Inspectors for both Construction & Development and MS4 personnel. The course has a focus on inspector duties, responsibilities, and authority. It begins with the Clean Water Act and permit requirements, followed by erosion and sediment controls, hydrology, phased development, site stabilization, and post-construction practices.
- Clean Water Act Inspections
- Structural and Non-Structural Controls Materials Storage & Waste Management
- Stormwater Permits Green Infrastructure
- Reporting & Signatory Certifications Pollution Prevention
- Best Management Practices Erosion & Sediment Control Measures
Developed specifically for Construction & Development including MS4 personnel and their consultants, this course focuses on permit compliance as the key to avoiding stormwater fines and penalties. Testing will be conducted; students are required to achieve a minimum overall score of 75% to be awarded 1.2 CEUs (Continuing Education Units), and a five (5) year Certified Construction Stormwater Inspector certificate from the National Stormwater Center. This 12-hour 2-day course is appropriate for all Construction & Development personnel including Municipal Construction Employees, Municipal Stormwater Inspectors, and Environmental Consultants who typically have responsibility for:
- Construction Inspections Elimination of Non-Stormwater Discharges
- Reporting & Signatory Certifications Site Stabilization
- Stormwater Visual Observations BMP Installations & Routine Inspections
- Construction Site Materials Storage Construction Site Waste Management
- Erosion & Sedimentation Controls Inspection
In Florida your project must be inspected by someone who carries certification in Florida’s FSESCI program. The National Stormwater Center has certified instructors and has delivered classes in Florida for over 20 years. This is a 2-DAY ONLINE training program to obtain state qualification from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection’s Stormwater, Erosion, & Sedimentation Control Inspector Qualification Certificate Program (FSESCI). More about the Florida FSECI program:
Cancellations: Class fees are refunded if received 14 days prior to start date, registration fees are non-refundable. Substitutions are allowed with notification to our business office. Cancellation or reschedule requests made less than 14 days of the class start date may not receive a refund nor a transfer. You agree to these terms when registering for the training.
Have Questions? Call us at 888-397-9414