It is important to keep in mind that we do not collect personally-identifiable information (name, address, email address or other unique identifiers) on our web site unless we specifically advise you that we are doing so.
When you visit our web site to read pages or to download information, we automatically collect and store the following non-identifying information:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access our web site. An IP address is a unique number that is automatically assigned to the computer you are using whenever you are surfing the web.
- The type of browser (Internet Explorer, Google, Mozilla Firefox, etc.), and the type of operating system (Windows XP, for example) that is used to access our site.
- The date and time our site is accessed, for the purpose of monitoring demand.
- The pages visited, for the pupose of improving the usefulness of our web site by providing helpful links and removing pages that are not read.
- The last site you visited, if that site containes a link to a National Stormwater Center web page, which indicates how you found this site.
- THIS INFORMATION DOES NOT IDENTIFY YOU PERSONALLY
We maintain the above information in system logs. We use this information to make our site more useful to visitors by learning the number of visitors to our site, the number of pages served, and the level of demand for specific pages. We do not track nor record information about identifiable individuals and their visits.
When you register with National Stormwater Center, you may choose to supply us with personally identifiable information such as your name and contact information, occupation, industry, shipping and billing information, credit card numbers and other payment information. We use the information you provide about yourself or others to complete the transaction for which the information is intended. Such transactions may include: administering a service, sending an email, completing an order, shipping a product, replying to requests, or contacting you if you have granted us permission to do so.
The National Stormwater Center does not share this information with any outside entity without your permission except to the extent that it is necessary to administer the services we offer, or to comply in responding to subpoenas, court orders or other legal proceedings.
From time to time we may use the information you provide about yourself or others to inform you of additions or improvements to the National Stormwater Center services, as well as to conduct customer surveys in order to improve our services.
We may also use personally identifiable information to provide targeted content-and-commerce opportunities to you based on your demographic and behavioral information.
Finally, we never use nor share any information (personally identifiable or not) provided to us online in ways or for reasons unrelated to the ones described above without also providing an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.